BUS STOP GUIDELINES AND INFORMATION
- Bus stops are placed in a location that is best for all riders of any age in your area. Clark Pleasant Community School District cannot provide door to door service.
- Bus stops are located at street corners and/or a centrally located location on the street. Even though we may pass your house during the route, we cannot stop at your house.
- Bus stops for students will be placed in the same location (or across the street) as the stops on the morning and afternoon routes to avoid confusing the student and keeping ride times to a reasonable length.
- If a student needs picked up or dropped off at a daycare location it must be within the route and on a consistent bases. An Alternate Bus Stop Request form for 5 days a week day alternate changes can be found on our website, picked up in the your student’s school office, or in our transportation office.
- Students need to be at the bus stop at least 5-10 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time. Do not wait inside the house for the bus to stop. If the driver does not see anyone at the stop, he/she will continue on.
- When waiting at the bus stop for the bus, stand still and at least 10 feet away from the bus stop. Line up in a single file as the bus approaches. NEVER EVER RUN TOWARDS A BUS.
- If your student has to cross the road, they should cross IN FRONT of the school bus NEVER from behind the bus and the student is to WAIT until the driver signals to your student that it is safe and time to cross.
- Dropped books, papers, or toys should NEVER be retrieved from under the school bus. The student needs to let the driver know something fell under the bus and let the driver handle the situation.
- School buses have many blind spots where the driver is unable to see children running for the bus. For the safety of your student please be on time and NEVER let your student run after a missed school bus.
- We require all kindergarten students have a parent at their bus stop when the student is dropped off. All attempts will be made by our office staff to reach any parent that is not at the stop before returning the student back to school.
- Learn your student’s bus number and the name of their driver.
- Please do not send breakfast, food and snacks on the bus with your student.
- All students must ride their assigned bus to and from school. - Riding another bus is only permitted in emergency situations. It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to contact their student’s school for a bus pass to be issued. If your student must ride another bus in the morning it is important that a note be sent for the driver with your student’s name, address where your student is riding from and a contact number.
- Please remember it is first and foremost the responsibility of the driver to get your student to school safely.
- It is also important to remember that the parents and guardians are responsible for the safety of the student to and from the school bus stop.
SCHOOL BUS RIDE GUIDELINES
- Do not remove items from your bag while on the bus. Loose objects can become a safety hazard.
- Always use “inside” voices when talking on the bus. Yelling, screaming and loud talking can distract the driver from their most important job. Getting you to school safely.
- Stay in your seat. Moving around on a bus is dangerous. This includes moving from seat to seat.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- Do NOT throw items on the bus.
- Teasing or bullying will not be tolerated on a Clark Pleasant School Bus.
- Do not throw trash on the floor.
- Always listen and follow instruction