As we have previously communicated, we regularly collaborate with the Johnson County Health Department to review current COVID-19 cases, protocols, and next steps for our district and community. Counties use the “COVID-19 Indiana Guidelines by Color” to make decisions about business, community, and social activities. Until this week, Johnson County has maintained a rating of both “Blue”, meaning minimal community spread, and “Yellow” meaning moderate community spread of positive cases. Today, an increase in positive cases in our community moved Johnson County’s rating to “Orange”, which indicates medium to high community spread. Therefore, at the recommendation of the Johnson County Health Department, CPCSC is temporarily moving to a hybrid learning model for our middle and high school students beginning Monday, November 9th. In preparation for the hybrid model, all middle and high school students will participate in Connected Learning on Friday, November 6th. We will re-evaluate the return to in-person instruction each Wednesday. In-person instruction will resume when Johnson County’s color rating returns to blue or yellow.
In a hybrid model, students will receive instruction through a combination of virtual, in-person, and Connected Learning. The in-person student days will be assigned according to the student’s last name. The temporary schedule is below:
- Friday, November 6th, 2020 -CPMS and WCHS Connected Learning Day
- Monday, November 9th - hybrid learning begins for CPMS and WCHS students
- Monday and Thursday - CPMS and WCHS students with last name A-K attend in person and students with the last name L-Z tune in virtually.
- Wednesday - All CPMS and WCHS students participate in Connected Learning.
- Tuesday and Friday - CPMS and WCHS students with last name L-Z attend in person and students with last name A-K tune in virtually.
Families needing assistance with Internet connectivity to access instruction should contact your student’s school office tomorrow. This temporary schedule change does not impact CPMS or WCHS athletics or transportation. Bus routes will be run as usual and elementary students will continue to attend in-person.
More detailed information will be sent from your building principal tomorrow. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this temporary adjustment.